Sunday 1 February 2009

New Year!

Another New Year, another year went by. Kudos to me for having tried to write one blog atleast for almost all months in the previous year [:P]. Resolutions? No, I wouldn't want to put them in public view, but there are quite a few impressive ones!

No, really! 

I somehow manage to draw inspiration from both real life incidents and from movies. It depends on how strong the feeling is and how strong my affinity toward it is. I just hope I don't draw inspiration immensely after seeing Troy or Saw. Hmm! Now, that would be really grose! SAW??!! ;)

I recently saw Luck By Chance. It was a good movie. Reminded me of Page 3, Fashion and the like that exposes the inside story. I've had my share of the tryst with a slightly weaker versions of the same, not that the movie opened my eyes or something. But, as always, Konkona Sen Sharma blows me away with each performance. I don't wanna bore you and elaborate on the story. The ending of the movie was with she roughly telling, "I don't go to a 9 - 5 job every morning, but I do something that I like to do." Now, if this wasn't enough, she also adds, "How many of us actually get to do that?"

That is a very interesting proposition. It is different when you start liking what you do. Few people do it for force, few people do it because their ego shouldn't get hurt (count me in this), but how many of us get up early in the morning, and tell to ourselves that we are not working, but we are doing something that we really like doing?

It is merely a reflection of what we choose, how we choose it and why we choose it. For me, to enter full time into music wasn't feasible because of obvious reasons. I'm still keeping it part-time and working and doing my own research on what I never knew till date, juxtaposing it with my Master's degree in Chemical Engineering. It doesn't matter to me if I make that work of mine public or if I get noticed and get lauded for that. Not that my PG degree is at stake or something, or not that I'm doing it out of sheer force, but on a lighter vein, I thought that atleast my band wouldn't have been affected by recession. :P

Most of us get so involved in things and make our lives so complicated that we don't even find time in our busy lives to think about such 'trivial' stuff. Trust me, it'd be a lot more helpful and you'd be doing yourself a favour if you thought about it, and did something about it. Again, think about it if you like to, if not, this blog won't have any purpose :)

3 comments:

Sudeep said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sudeep said...

Interesting! But DUDE, haven't we walked down this path and discussed this thought like a zillion times, atleast u n me have. But yeah, music is ur love n u will continue with it no matter what, thats that. But think of it, until u make it big, u still have to make sure u can sustain life and live up to responsibilities which u will continue to pick up very quickly in the near future. For that, u need to earn a job which can help u execute those responsibilities which in turn will help u concentrate on ur music when need be. Think of this, 'supposing u r not able to execute these responsibilities, wouldn't ur music be strained, in that, there would be pressure on u to execute responsibilities thru music. Then, would ur music be from ur heart or ur head?' i dont wanna erase konkana sen(:P) or her finishing stmt from ur memory, but dont make that ur motto.

Vijay said...

believe it or not, we've discussed it so many times that it was apparent enough that i thought about it when writing this. i agree that it becomes imperative that for one thing to sustain, one would have to go out of the way and do something that would prolly have to do and be 'less as passionate'. Nevertheless, nothing serious about konkana, rather, about her statement :P