Saturday 31 December 2016

2017 beckons

So, as it turns out, it had been a while since my customary new year post happened. I remember only the last 2 new years when I was hanging out with friends, incidentally at the same place. The last year was slightly more memorable since it was right after a gig. Well, ok. A bad gig.

After much deliberation, I must admit that I don't remember the most important events in this year. Maybe there aren't much important events that have happened. Maybe it was just another year of failed hopes, failed goals. But what I know is that it was one step closer. You know like when people say I don't see anything constructive happening and you retort back saying that you are laying the foundation to make sure the skyscraper rises really high. Maybe its just that. Or, maybe another failed hope.

All the emojiless sarcasm apart, I think this year was fairly good, on many notes. And fairly bad on many notes. Its like how you see a half filled cup. Emotions and life does that to you. A good state of mind will make you think that the cup is half full and on the other hand, a bad day would make you see how much emptiness the cup has. 

Workwise, there has been a lot of ups and downs, lot of running around and stress. To which I attribute the reducing levels of creative thinking and memory. Well, you really need to find a defence point. That's how life works. Over the past few days, I guess (and hope) that I've found a way to beat it. It has gotten a little better. I don't lament that I don't remember at least. 

Musically, a lot of things have (not) happened. Plans got stronger and the desire to get close to making them happen got stronger as well. There are two people who have contributed to this. One who keeps telling me that I just plan and don't DO, and the other who is always surprised that I've not given up on them, yet.

I see these (intentionally funny) posts off late about a list of people who turned strangers in 2016. I have never thought of it that way. Found it extremely rude. Yeah, coming from a judgemental, arrogant person it isn't rude. But really, I never thought that people could turn into strangers just like that. Maybe there were two things to it - one is that I really take a lot of time to warm up to somebody to know if I need to give them enough importance or not, and the other thing is that you never really understand a person. You understand only what you want to. Never is an effort made to understand who they really are. So, obviously when something happens, you get all worked up saying things like you didn't expect such things and so forth. Here's where being judgemental helps. But mark my words, it isn't fool proof.

Despite that, I really look forward to more memories, more lamenting about not meeting goals, more confusion and anarchy, more helpless states of mind. I also look forward to more meaningful relationships, more happiness, more sharing, more love and of course, more mystery and suspense, which may or may not be coupled with Music.

I'd like to thank all of them who have been through my rough and best times. I'd like to thank all of them who set goals for me this year. I will admit, I realised none of them. I'd like to thank a few people for just being there, and at times being more than just 'being'.

Happy new year folks, hoping (yeah, the bitch is back) that it would be better!

PS. Someday I'll have a New Year bash with meaningful people all around, making merry, raising toasts, having fun and all that. Oh wait, I should wait to sleep, to dream.


No comments: