Saturday 22 April 2017

Evolution

I don't intend to make this a discourse on human evolution. But hey, come to actually think of it, it might just be that. Well, to another degree or dimension, I suppose.

There's this thing I keep reading here and there. I think I turn away from it voluntarily because its the truth. I don't think any of us have the balls to face the truth as it is. Well, lets not make it about anybody. Let me talk for myself - for if I do evolve, this will serve as a nice memoir. But seriously, the thing I kept evading every now and then was - 'People are only important to you at specific times'. I thought it was kinda rude to make a statement like that. But its the truth, isn't it?

We all have grown out of relations, out of friendships, out of relations that we can't give a name to. We have evolved out of them. I've heard people say that those who were important to us at a point of time are like plain glass now - we look through them. Why did that happen?

There are probably two things at play here. One - We change. We conveniently say out loud that people change, he/she has changed and blah. But how many times do we stop to realise that we are included in the people? How many times do we think if that other person thought the same about you, some time? Its all laced with self pity and distress that we quickly shift the blame away from us. But, turns out what I read was true.

We all make relationships. We never start a relationship with an intention to make sure it lasts for 2 months. (We call them flings.) No, but seriously, at that point of time, that person would mean quite a lot to us. I don't mean to make this sound in a way that would make people selfish and 'use' the person for some gains. That is a whole new game. But its okay. I'm really convincing myself here that its okay to grow out of relations. But I guess the harsh reality just bites you in the ass. We all consider that person important in that phase of our lives. Priorities change. We change. They change. We find others, they also do. We grow out of it. They do too. Its only the ones who stand the test of time that are laud-worthy. Not to mention, a rarity.

No comments: