Saturday 7 September 2019

What's the grass like on your side?

A very oft repeated phrase. Something that says that what you don't have is always better. Grass is always greener on the other side. How greener?

Boy, am I on a roll or what. The third blog in the same month is probably a never before done feat. But change is good. Thankfully, not greener.

This thing about lamenting and hoping for a better tomorrow kinda thing is quite annoying, I must say. I mean, its not a particular person I'm pointing toward. There is one aspect of living for today. Which I think is minutely connected to the grass being greener. You could also choose to treat them as separate streams too. But I'll tell you how they can be corollaries of each other.

In the wake of hoping for greener pastures, we neglect the already green pasture right in front of our eyes. Funnily, this reminds me of the hot debate on the internet about some stupid dress. (Only for the colour, nothing philosophical there, duh). Anyways, its like the shade of grass I've is not green enough. Although, it has the same if not more potential than the new one I'm eyeing, right? Wrong. Well, actually right, but in the wake of situational pressure or current temporary tough times, every fucking thing looks as green as it could ever be. The job offer you get after you just report to your job. The hot chick's photo as an alliance proposal after you get married. This is all classic repent worthy but meaningless practical examples. Nothing is greener. In this context, I'd like to get black in the picture. If something is black, it's black. Nothing can be blacker, right? Green, in this reference is that. I don't think there can be anything greener than the pasture you have in your hand right now.

So, while hoping that the other patch is greener and wanting to jump there by abandoning ship is not a solution. It never is. The situation forces the mind to conjure things like that which obviously alleviates the tension or the negative feelings, but the mind is quite a wanderer. If you let it wander, that is. Wait. What controls the mind? Hmm!!

No comments: